Submission rules and guidelines
1.Only e-mail entries will be accepted.
Please email your entry to the Competitions Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.Entries must consist of the following documentation as SEPARATE ATTACHMENTS:
*Proof of payment
3.If proof of payment is sent via email by the bank, please have it forwarded to email@example.com.
SAWC Competition Presentation
1.The title of the work, the pseudonym and the number of words must appear in the centre at the top of the first page as follows:
The Title of the Story
No cover page is required.
2.Type using one and a half or double spacing.
3.A competition entry form must accompany each submission.
4.Keep a copy of all material sent.
• Entrants, who did not win a prize in a particular competition, may re-enter their work, amended if necessary, in a subsequent competition.
• Entry fee is now R35 per entry, unless otherwise specified. If you are paying by cheque, please add an extra R15.00 to cover the bank’s cheque deposit fee to the total of your competition entry fee. If the entry fee is less than R35 and members pay R35, the difference will be accepted as a donation – Thank you! If the fee is R35 and members pay less, your entry will be returned to you, without being judged.
• The prize money is: First — R100, Second — R70, and Third — R50 (unless otherwise determined by the SAWC)
• Points are awarded as follows: 1st — 5, 2nd — 4, 3rd — 3, and Highly Commended — 2. These points are added together over the year and awards are made to the persons receiving the highest total.
• Individual critiques will accompany each returned entry, be that via snailmail or e-mail.
• The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• Entries will be judged for literary merit, creative imagination and ability to enthral.
• All competition entries must be in English.
Please note that with regard to requirements:
~ ‘story’ means a fiction story, ~ ‘article’ means non-fiction, and ~ if anything else is required it will be specified.
Send proof of payment to the Competitions Manager.
• It must include a reference (first three letters of your surname + your initial and the month of entry, e.g. ZinC-Dec).
• Banking details are as follows:
SA Writers’ Circle
Hillcrest branch: 045726
Account number: 250780119.
Competition Entry Form